Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Who am I?

This is for all of you folks that scoff at or chuckle at me for my opinions and thoughts. You may wonder who I am,anyway.
My name is Douglas. I am the illegitamate son of a widowed, handicapped woman. Born the forth of four kids and raised poor and tough and called everything but a free white American. My goal in life was to survive.
Life was not easy as living goes, but my mother did her best to raise me well, having never given thought to abortion or giving me away like a trash dog. I remember many a winter when eating good was having boiled cornmeal and fresh from the udder chilled cows milk. Heating the old house with coal I had to dig outta the snow to put in that really old pot belly stove cause there was too much snow for the oilman to get out a deliver our tank of fuel oil.
Clothes were handme downs when someone could be found to hand them down. Most of the time patched britches and old work boots was the dress of the day. Yes, I did get new clothes, but not often and they were only for school. No one to help me if I got caught playing outdoors with good clothes on.
Playing ment that after my home work was done and the chickens were fed and their coops cleaned, then it was of to the woods and the swamp way out back to catch the few brave snakes or frogs that dared let me see 'em. That, folks, was real fun and real exercise. No video games and the like. The first T.V. I got to watch regularly was on the childrens ward of the hospital where I spent seven good months healing after being burned on half my skinny body.
And bullies! Really!? I was taught never to start a fight, but to get into one I had best give as well as I got. Bullies needed attention, so I provided it. I hated the fighting thing, even later in the military, but when it was needed, it got serious quick. Today, this be kind to bullies thing is insane. You are just making more problems.
Yes, I have been around the block once or twice and run through the mill more than most and I feel I am far better for the thrill of the ride than most. Am I perfect or mistake proof or what have ya'. Heck no! I am no better than anybody else. If I do somehow gain Gods favor and He grants me entry to His heaven, I will be thankful to be give a little tiny spot at the farthest spot away from the Throne where all I can see is the most faintest glow of that throne.
So to you who condem me for my way of saying the way I see the world, or for not compromising my principles or my integrity,(you know exactly who you are), tough on you. I will not bend nor will I back down. That's what is wrong today. Too much backing down, compromising and tollerance. I just will not give in to the crap.

From the desk of the Ready Rifle

No comments:

Post a Comment